|Services & Products|
>|In-House Design Team
>|Multiple Lines of Nationally Recognized Cabinetry Suppliers
>|Onyx Showers & Vanity Tops
>|Quartz, Granite, Corian & Laminate Countertops
>|Flooring (Carhart North Platte & Neligh)
>|Cabinet Hardware, Pulls & Knobs
>|Backsplash (Carhart North Platte)
>|Hunter Douglas Window Coverings
Carhart Lumber Celebrates 100 Years
Carhart Lumber started in Wayne, NE in 1921 by brothers Charles E. Carhart and Arthur Benjamin Carhart. The company is still family owned and operated by Scott & Brenda Carhart, 4th generation owners. This year, Carhart Lumber is celebrating 100 years of business with each of their nine locations across Nebraska- Norfolk, Wayne, Hartington, Bloomfield, Tilden, Neligh, Burwell, O’Neill and North Platte and subdivisions Carhart Kitchen & Bath, Carhart Interior Designs and Carhart Insulation.
Carhart in Pierce is unique because it started as one of our very first lumberyards and has since, transitioned into the Carhart Kitchen & Bath home office.
In 1927 Charles & Benjamin Carhart purchased Schwerin Bros. Lumber at 102 S. 2nd St. (2nd & Main) in Pierce, Nebraska. J.H. Henrich was the manager of Schwerin and stayed with Carhart until Henry Berns took over in 1929.
Carhart Lumber in Pierce saw many great managers throughout the years; all brought fresh ideas and expertise in the industry. Roy Christensen, Fred Trampe, brothers Lyle & Louis Herbolsheimer, Richard Hammer, Arthur Warneke, Rod Toelle, Corey Pospisil and BJ Koeppe, to name a few. Most of these managers transferred to different Carhart locations to share their knowledge and lead a new team into growth and prosperity. Roy Christensen started at Carhart Lumber in Pierce in 1939 until he was drafted by the United States Navy in WWII. He returned to manage Carhart Neligh until being promoted to General Manager of the company around 1954. Lyle Herbolsheimer was the Assistant Manager at Carhart Lumber in Pierce from 1951 until he took over as Manager of Carhart Lumber in Tilden in ‘58. His brother Louis stepped in when he left and then took over Carhart Lumber in Hartington in 1965.
Carhart Lumber purchased Farmers Lumber Co. and its inventory at 123 E. Main Street in 1979 from Hap Malone, just diagonal from their location on 2nd & Main St. It wasn’t until 1986 before they decided to remodel the new store and move day to day operations to it's present day location.
In November 2008, storage facilities were sold to the Pierce Elevator and Carhart Lumber So. in Pierce was closed.
It was only one year later when Scott & Brenda Carhart hired Mark Rohrich and his team and established Carhart Kitchen & Bath.